For 20 years, thousands have benefited from Selenaid supplementation. Selenaid improves immune response, detoxification and aids healing in serious chronic medical diseases like cancer, diabetes, fibromyalgia, auto-immune disorders and viral infections. It is routinely given as part of an oral supplementation program because of its 47 nutrients that provide comprehensive nutritional, nutraceutical and antioxidant constituents.
In health and wellness, Selenaid is recommended as a superior supplement to correct the low intake of various essential micronutrients, often identified in today’s diets. Scientific evidence shows that people living with certain illness in the body have higher nutrient requirements than normal. The daily nutritional upper level normally required for such person cannot be met with daily food consumption and therefore supplementing above the intake from food is proven safe and an important requirement to being well.
The synergic action of nutrients in the body is an important factor as micronutrients interact among themselves. Some act as co-factors to others. Some form part of enzymes as catalyst for the biochemical reaction of others. So, understanding the intricacy of these reactions necessitates a broad-based approach for effective supplementation. in order to cover each stage of viral replication and pathogenesis; provide antioxidants against damaging free radicals and PH-stabilisers to neutralise systemic acidity.
SelenaidTM is a patented nutritional formula to help correct dietary deficiencies, cellular dysfunction and improve immunity.
Benefits of Selenaid Supplementation
- The synergistic role played by nutrients is used to support cellular function, maintain homeostasis in order to prevent illness or as a major contributor to healing.
- Selenaid has a crucial role in immune system functioning which is why it plays a leading role in preventing the progression of chronic illness.
- Selenaid is involved in both the innate and adaptive immune responses. The incidence of disease and viruses is much lower in areas where the selenium content of the soil is normal. In one study, taking multivitamins plus selenium meant significantly better immune response.
- Virus infections. Selenium improves the more appropriate Th1 response to the HIV virus.
- A protective role in several types of cancer regarding incidence and mortality with some decrease in the risk of colorectal cancer, prostate cancer and lung cancer
- A role as catalyst to produce active T3 thyroid hormone.
- *Selenium required for human sperm maturation and sperm motility and may reduce the risk of miscarriage.
- Virus infections. Selenium improves the more appropriate Th1 response to the HIV virus. In low selenium environments, the benign coxsackie virus becomes virulent, causing heart damage, the influenza virus causes more serious, lung pathology and HIV infection progresses more rapidly to AIDS.
- Selenaid is used for acute medical ailments such as Influenza, Upper and lower respiratory tract infections; in case of administration of large doses of other medication, in chronic fatigue and severe stress.
- Selenaid improves the immune system function, resulting in less infection. It elevates energy levels, creating an environment for healing process and regeneration; less complications of infection and shorter recovery time.
Some of the Active Magical Ingredients
- Selenium, a wonder mineral has many attributes and functions in the body. In the diet of the average person and those with chronic diseases or compromised immune system, it is found that Selenium is one of the major deficient minerals impacting the healing process.
- Selenium has the ability to make the super powerful and major antioxidant glutathione which is needed for all people, and more so those with life threatening and chronic illness.
- Selenaid contains selenium and all the other co-factors (vitamins, minerals pH regulators that play a role in the patient’s defenses against common to serious disease).
- The Selenium in Selenaid provides the power to carry out biological effects through its incorporation into selenoproteins and the manufacture of the key antioxidant glutathione.
- With targeted supplementation using Selenaid deficiencies are corrected.
- Acetylcysteine is a powerful antioxidant and cell detoxification co-factor.
- Beta carotene (Provitamin A) is converted to vitamin A. It acts as a tissue antioxidant, helping to maintain healthy cells.
- Biotin functions as a coenzyme in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- Calcium maintains healthy bones and teeth. It is essential for enzyme activation, nerve impulse transmission and muscle contraction.
- Copper helps for proper use of iron and hemoglobin in the body. It is required for connective tissue formation and oxidation. Folate (as Folic acid).
- 2003 study suggests that Glutathione supplementation can improve the damage to the colon.
- 2011 study, researchers found that Glutathione supplements might reduce the severity of autism because of the evidence that children with autism have lower levels of glutathione than neurotypical children or those without autism
- 2017 clinical trial concludes that Glutathione could help treat nonalcoholic fatty liver disease due to its antioxidant and detoxifying properties
- Iron is needed to maintain healthy red blood cells for transport of oxygen.
- Lithium Orotate is a natural product to help stabilize brain function. It is used in particular for Bipolar disorder; nevertheless, it can also be used to prevent degeneration of the elderly brain.
- Magnesium is required for protein synthesis, glucose metabolism and smooth muscle contraction.
- NAC helps to neutralise free radicals and eliminate heavy metals from the body.
- Pantothenic acid is important for the metabolism of fats, proteins and glucose into energy. It helps also to maintain healthy skin and mucous membranes.
- Potassium is involved in muscle contraction, cell development, nerve stimulation and food metabolism. It is critical for the physiologic mechanism of the heart and kidneys.
- Selenium is a cofactor of the enzyme Glutathione Peroxidase. It is an antioxidant that works in synergy with vitamin E.
- Sodium is needed to regulate blood pressure and blood volume. It is also critical for the functioning of muscles and nerves.
- Vitamin A (Retinol) maintains epithelial tissue in skin and mucous membranes. It is required to maintain good vision, keep healthy skin, nails and hair.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin Hcl) is required for the release of energy from glucose and in transforming carbohydrates into fat. It is also required for the maintenance of healthy nerve functions.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) helps to maintain healthy skin. It is involved in energy production from protein, fat and carbohydrates.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin/Nicotinamide) interacts in protein metabolism and in converting fats and carbohydrates into energy.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hcl) helps to maintain healthy skin. It is also involved in energy production from protein, fat and carbohydrates.
- Vitamin B9 is required for metabolic reactions during cell division and for regeneration of blood cells.
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) is necessary for the production of red blood cells and it helps to maintain a proper function of the nervous system.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) forms collagen. It is required for the maintenance of healthy gums, skin and connective tissue. It enhances iron absorption from food and acts as a tissue antioxidant. Hence, it helps to maintain healthy cells.
- Vitamin E (a-Tocopheryl acetate) is a tissue antioxidant. It protects vitamin A and unsaturated fatty acids against oxidation in the body.
- Zinc is a cofactor of many enzymes involved in energy metabolism, protein synthesis and immune functions. It is also necessary for sexual maturation. It plays a role in sensation: taste and smell.
* Baum MK Effects of micronutrient supplementation on disease progression in asymptomatic, antiretro-viral-naïve, HIV-infected adults in Botswana: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA 2013;310(20):2154-63
120, 240, 480