Probiotics are beneficial organisms, most of which are normally found in the healthy human gastrointestinal tract. Many different strains of probiotic organisms are in use, which have different but overlapping benefits. Some of the benefits of probiotics include improve the intestinal flora balance, inhibit harmful bacteria, promote good digestion, boost immune function, increase resistance to infection, degrade oxalates and has an effect on the production of neuro-chemicals such as serotonin.
The Geneway™ Probiotic contains a unique blend of nine strains providing thus a broad base of health benefits.
The GENEWAY™ Probiotic contains a unique blend of nine strains.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus
- Lactobacillus Rhamnosus
- Lactobacillus Plantarum
- Lactobacillus Casei
- Bifidobacterium Infantis
- Bifidobacterium Longum
- Bifidobacterium Breve
- Streptococcus Thermophillus
- Saccharomyces Boulardi
The GENEWAY™ Probiotic contains a unique blend of nine strains:
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Diarrhea, Immune system, Urogenital infections, Allergies.
- Lactobacillus Rhamnosus : Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Diarrhea, Cavity protection.
- Lactobacillus Plantarum: Immune system, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Colds and flu.
- Lactobacillus Casei: Immune system, Colds and flu, Diarrhea.
- Bifidobacterium Infantis: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Airway infections, Travelers diarrhea, Ulcerative colitis.
- Bifidobacterium Longum: Diarrhea, Allergies, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Celiac, Immune system.
- Bifidobacterium Breve: Constipation, Diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Colds and Flu.
- Streptococcus Thermophillus: Diarrhea, Digestion, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Immune system, Colic.
- Saccharomyces Boulardi: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Diarrhea, Digestion, Lyme disease, Colitis, Urinary tract infection.
Supplementation with probiotics has many mechanisms of action that benefit health, including but not limited to:
- Supporting metabolic activity, such as the production of short-chain fatty acids and vitamins, nutrient absorption, and digestion of lactose
- Adhering to intestinal epithelial cells to help maintain a healthy balance of organisms in the intestinal tract
- Helping to establish populations of good bacteria after disruption in balance
- Supporting immune function
- Promoting intestinal epithelial cell survival
- Supporting healthy bowel function
- Degrading oxalates Probiotics can be obtained through supplementation or food, e.g. buttermilk, yoghurt, kefir, some types of cheeses, soy beverages and plants. Dietary diversity and taking a variety of probiotic species and strains are methods that help support a healthy microbiome.
Adults and children 6 years and older, take one-two capsules daily, 30 minutes before meals.